THE FOCUS AND SCOPE OF THE JOURNAL
Journal of Arts is an international refereed journal that started to be published in 2018. The journal aims to include original papers in different art fields. In this framework, high-quality theoretical and applied articles are going to be published. The views and works of artists, academicians, researchers, and professionals working in all fields of arts are brought together. The journal is published 4 times a year; WINTER (January), SPRING (April), Summer (July), AUTUMN (October). The DOI number is assigned to all the articles published in the journal.
Journal of Arts is an electronic and open access journal. The journal's articles have "free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself."
Manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Arts should be in line with the following editorial principles and author guidelines.
1. Journal of Arts has begun its publishing life in April 2018. It is an internationally peer-reviewed and periodical journal published regularly in four issues per year (January, April, July, and October), in the fields of music, sculpture. paint, ceramic, graphic, photography, architecture, tile, cinema, theatre, opera, ballet, literature and etc. All articles submitted for publication are evaluated by the editors in chief, editorial board, and referees.j
2. The manuscript submitted for publication in the journal must have not been published elsewhere or have not been sent to another journal to be published. These studies or their abstracts which were presented in a conference or published can be accepted if it is indicated in the manuscript. In addition, if the study is supported by an institution or is produced from a dissertation, this should be indicated by a footnote to the title of the manuscript. Those who want to withdraw their manuscripts for publication for some reason must apply to the journal management with a letter. The editorial board assumes that the owners of the manuscript agree to abide by these terms.
3. Manuscripts are welcomed both in Turkish and English. English title and abstract are required in Turkish manuscripts
4. Only the original scientific researches are included. It is essential that the information created in the scientific study needs to be new, suggest a new method, or give a new dimension to an existing information
5. Journal of Arts is an open-access electronic journal. All articles published in the journal are assigned the DOI number. All researchers worldwide have full access to the articles published in the journal and can download them without any subscription fee.
6. All responsibility of the manuscripts belongs to the authors. They should be prepared in accordance with international scientific ethics rules also mentioned in the journal. Where necessary, a copy of the ethics committee report must be added.
7. Manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Arts are sent to the referees after being checked with the "iThenticate" plagiarism software to see if they are partially or completely copied (plagiarism) from another study. Revision is requested from the authors for the manuscripts that result in high plagiarism (20% and above). If the necessary revision is not made within 60 days, the manuscript is rejected.
8. Within the knowledge of the editor-in-chief and relevant editors, it has the authority not to publish articles that do not comply with the terms of publication, to return them to the author for revision, and to arrange them in style. All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Arts are sent to at least two referees after the initial review of the editors in chief, section editors, and editors related to the study issue with respect to formatting and content. After having positive feedbacks from both of the referees, the manuscripts are published. In case of having one positive and one negative feedback from the referees, the manuscript is sent to a third referee. Identities of authors are kept in the posts to be sent to the referees (Double-blind peer review). In addition, the authors are not informed about the referee
9. The referee process is carried out by the editors in chief. Even if it is approved by the referees, a publication that is not approved or accepted by the editors-in-chief cannot be published in the journal. The author or authors cannot create an obligation on the journal and other bodies on this matter.
10. The editor in chief has 7 days for the appointment of the referees after the arrival of the manuscript. While he/she appoints the referees, he/she takes the views of the section editor and the other editors related to the study issue. The manuscripts sent to the referees for evaluation are expected to be answered within 30 days. In case this is overcome, the editor makes a new referee appointment and withdraws the request from the former referee.
11. Required changes must be made by the author within 15 days after the decision of "Revision required".
12. Copyright of all published studies belongs to the Journal of Arts.
13. No copyright payment is made.
14. The opinions expressed in the articles published in the journal bind the authors. All legal responsibility of the articles belongs to their authors.
15. No study has differentiation or superiority from another study. Each author and study has the same rights and equality. No privileges are recognized.
16. Manuscripts submitted for publication in our journal must be prepared according to the rules of spelling of the journal. Spelling and template are included in the "Author Guidelines" heading
17. Manuscripts submitted for evaluation must not exceed 25 pages after they are prepared according to the specified template. The abstract of the manuscript should not exceed 300 words and a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 keywords should be written.